In a few years, Erik Salin has become THE reference of Custom in France and beyond our borders. He likes to divert objects from their main functions, and to mix different universes together.
Born in Paris in 1960, he first found his inspiration in American magazines, with enough talent to customize the guitars of great rockers and become the main preparator of Harley Davidson motorcycles: his unique paintings and original creations became his signature.
Influenced by the Pop Art movement, he naturally evolves towards sculpture, and acquires an international reputation with his "Capsule" collection, which denounces the consumerist desires of our society.
He then successfully hijacks car jerry cans to reinvent them in his ownway, as "Eau de parfum" for luxury brands.
Erik Salin & Behspoke: Freedom Capsule Erik Salin designed an air capsule for renowned designer Behspoke.
Set in green Guatemalan marble, the capsule blends beautifully with the unconventional design of Lazar Spasojevic, who created this unique table.
• Menton Tuning show (1999)
• Circus Festival of Monaco (1998)
Many personalities from the entertainment, sports and music industries have asked Erik Salin to create unique works for them...
• Brad Pitt, actor and producer
• Lapo Elkann, businessman and grandson of the founder of Fiat
• Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver with Scuderia Ferrari
• Johnny Hallyday, singer and actor
• Christian Audigier, fashion designer and entrepreneur
• Tonya Kissinger, actress and broadcaster
• Michael and Ralph Schumacher, former Formula 1 drivers
• Jeff Beck, guitarist (ranked 5th best of all time by Rolling Stones magazine)
• Billy Gibbons, singer and guitarist of the band ZZ Top